Membership is open to anyone with an interest in furthering the objectives of the Society.
Available to all persons, including registered students, and conveys all membership benefits, including voting rights at the FSBI Annual General Meeting. (£10)
Available to all persons, including registered students, wishing to receive an online subscription to the Journal of Fish Biology in addition to all full membership benefits, including voting rights at the FSBI Annual General Meeting. (£30 non-students/ £15 students / £15 retired)
Current membership of FSBI
The FSBI welcomes membership applications from anyone with an interest in furthering the objectives of the Society, wherever you may be based and whatever aspects of fish biology or fisheries science you are interested in. The Society's membership base is global, and although most members are based in the British Isles, we have a significant number of members in other European countries, in Australia, Canada and the USA, with smaller numbers in Africa and throughout Asia.
- Eligibility to apply for the Society’s funding schemes, including internships, PhD Studentships, travel grants, small research grants, and Wyn Wheeler research grants (depending on career stage).
- Eligibility to apply for sponsorship of activities related to the Society's objectives.
- Receipt of a quarterly newsletter, and an invitation to contribute towards its content
- Voting rights at the AGM, and the ability to contribute to the continued development of the Society by nominating medal recipients and members of Council
- A discount on Wiley books
- 50% reduction on your first two years of Royal Society of Biology individual membership
- The Society also sponsors an Annual International Symposium, which means that all participants, members and non-members alike, benefit from lower registration fees
- The opportunity to include a subsidised online or paper copy subscription to the Society's journal, the Journal of Fish Biology, which includes the proceeedings of the annnual symposium and access to all back issues, for a small additional change.